Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Definition of Park vs. London's Definition of Park

When I think of visiting a park I think of an area of land that's full of trees and grass and maybe a few paths here or there. (Like Warwick Park for those of you from PA) So earlier this week, I set out to see what some parks in London were like. On Monday I visited Hyde Park.
Hyde Park was very relaxing and was exactly what I was looking for when I thought of the idea of a 'park'. I enjoyed my time watching some swans on the river and gallivanting around through the big grassy areas. The noise from the streets of London was completely blotted out. The other great thing about this park, is that it is only about a 2 min walk from the building I work in!

On Wednesday I headed southward to Battersea Park. Walking through Battersea was a different experience from Hyde Park, but still a very enjoyable one. It is very precisely laid out and kept up. It is more like Longwood Gardens than my traditional thought of what a park is defined as.

It also has a nice lake that is harder to find than you would think from the size of it. In the center of the park there are some sports fields where I was able to see some people playing Cricket.

There are still a few more parks for me to try out and I'll be sure to post some photos once I visit!Cheers!

P.S. If you want to see more pictures you can click on the little pictures at the top of the page and it will take you to a photo album!

No comments:

Post a Comment